Slow Cooked Pickled Pork
(serves 4 - 6 people)
- WM Meats Pickled Pork
- 2 tablespoon brown malt vinegar
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) water, approximately
1. Place pork, vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns, and sugar in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; add enough of the water to barely cover pork.
2. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
3. Carefully remove pork from cooking liquid; cover, stand 10 minutes before slicing. Discard cooking liquid.
Best served hot with mashed potatoes, wilted cabbage and mustard or cold, shredded with a potato salad or coleslaw.