Plum & Rosmary Lamb Shanks
(serves 4 people)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- WM Meats Lamb Shanks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup plum jam
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
Place flour and shanks in a bowl. Toss to coat.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over high heat.
Cook shanks, turning, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
Transfer to a plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium-high.
Heat remaining oil in casserole.
Add onion, rosemary and thyme. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add wine. Simmer for 1 minute.
Stir in stock, sauce and jam. Season with pepper.
Add shanks. Bring to the boil. Cover dish.
Transfer to oven.
3. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove lid and baste shanks.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat is tender and falling from the bone.
Serve with mash and beans.